Advertisement

Main Ad

[Recensione] One More Night - Marian Snowe

Hello everyone! Today I'm here with another review in English. The book I'm going to talk about is a lesbian romance I got as an ARC a while ago, and I hope it will interest our audience!


Title: One More Night

Author: Marian Snowe

Genre: Lesbian Romance

Publishing House: Self-published

N° di pagine: 271

Prezzo: €15,28 (Cartaceo) / €4.63 (Kindle)

Link per l'acquisto: Amazon / Amazon










How many one-night stands does it take before a fling turns into a real relationship?

Hazel Greco's chocolate shop is finding its feet and she’s on the road to success. While traveling for business, she meets Audrey Vaughn, a gorgeous and charismatic TV personality. Audrey sweeps her off her feet for a night of passion and romance, no strings attached. The two women part, assuming they’ll never cross paths again.
They're proven wrong when Audrey’s TV show wants to feature Hazel in an episode. The chemistry between them picks up right where it left off, and it becomes clear that Audrey wants Hazel for a starring role in the bedroom too. One more night of fun is more than Hazel ever expected to get, so why not dive right in? After all, chances are slim that fate will throw them together yet again.
When Audrey shows up at her door a year later, Hazel isn’t sure whether fate is working for her or against her. Audrey still is still captivating, but things have changed. Hazel has a girlfriend now... One who is acting strangely possessive.
No matter how good they could be together, Audrey and Hazel just can’t make it work. They say lightning never strikes twice, but what if the third time really is the charm?

Best-selling lesbian romance author Marian Snowe brings you a romantic comedy full of heart, gourmet chocolate, flirty banter, tough-love shop assistants, and dramatic races to the airport. There is no cheating and a guaranteed HEA.





Hazel and Audrey meet while traveling for business. They have a one night stand and then part ways, thinking they'll never meet again, Except, they do, and it's the beginning of an angsty romance that complicates both of their lives.

When I have a reader's block or just don't feel like reading, usually, lesbian romances are the way to go. It's been the case with this one as well: fast-paced, with likable characters (apart from Dorothy and Michael), some sexy times, and special treats (this time it was chocolates... yum), this book is surely one of my favourites of the year so far.

Hazel and Audrey are VERY different people.
While Hazel has a chocolate shop and likes stability, Audrey is a TV host and likes to travel around the world.
I surely prefer Hazel for her mindset, but I can understand the appeal of a person like Audrey, having one-night stands all around the world and never setting down.
What I liked about the two of them is that both of them evolve a lot during the story: Hazel learns to be less strict with herself, Audrey understands what really matters to her.
Cue to all the craziness of the two of them (it's spoilers, but who read this book knows what I'm talking about) which was really funny and if I wasn't lgbt+ I would deem it as impossible. Like, really, Audrey? Really? I loved her at that moment.
And Hazel too! 
Gimme more of the crazy-in-love lesbians doing madwoman-stuff for each other, please!
I also kind of enjoyed the drama that their differences bring, because it gave fire to the story. They clearly love each other, but their careers really don't match, and it brings sweet sweet pain to the both of them as well as satisfaction when it all wraps up. The epilogue was so sweet!

I really liked all the chocolate talk, it's my weakness and I really want to try this damn fictional shop's sweets. Maybe in my dreams. Imagine me as Gollum, please.

One last note about the style: it didn't drag nor was it heavy at all. I loved reading this book, and it was a page-turner, even though every time the landlord, Dorothy, or Michael showed up I was ready to fight or got so annoyed I had to stop for a few minutes. 
I would totally read another book by this author. I love finding more lgbt+ authors and getting new favorites.










Posta un commento

0 Commenti